BLUEBERRY GOAT MILK KEFIR PANCAKES
Weekend brunch just isn’t complete without classic, homemade pancakes. We made this breakfast favorite even better by replacing buttermilk with our goat milk kefir for fluffier pancakes, and added frozen blueberries for a tasty boost of antioxidants. Top with warm maple syrup and enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ cups Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk kefir
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil
- Vegetable or coconut oil for the pan
- Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add the kefir, oil, and eggs and whisk everything together until well combined. Lumps are fine – do not overbeat.
- Keep the blueberries frozen until the pan is hot and add to the batter just before you’re ready to pour it in the pan. This helps maintain their bright color and form in the pancake.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-low. Wait until the pan is warm and add a tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Ladle ⅓ cup of batter into the skillet.
- Flip pancakes once bubbles rise to the surface and the bottoms are golden brown, after about 2-4 minutes. Adjust heat if necessary. Cook until both sides are lightly browned.