CARROT TURMERIC KEFIR SMOOTHIE
While some smoothies are just sugary treats with little nutrition, this one is the real deal—packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and protein, it has all the building blocks to jumpstart a healthy day. Immune-boosting ginger and anti-inflammatory turmeric are mellowed out by potassium-rich banana, creating a harmonious blend of spicy and sweet.
TIME: Preparation: 3 mins · Cooking: 2 mins · Total: 5 mins
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
- ½ Tbsp. fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric (or sub cinnamon)
- ½ cup carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk kefir
- To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed; adding more banana for sweetness.
- Divide between two glasses and serve. Best when fresh.