Add a sunny, Mediterranean-inspired twist to kabobs, fish, vegetables, or grains with this tangy tzatziki sauce. Goat milk yogurt lends authentic flavor to this traditional recipe.
TIME: Preparation: 5 mins · Cooking: 0 mins · Total: 10 mins
- ¾ English cucumber, peeled and sliced, seeds removed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, micro-planed
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk yogurt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Warm pita bread and/or sliced vegetables for serving
- In a food processor, grate the cucumbers. Toss with ½ tsp kosher salt and transfer to a fine mesh strainer to drain. Squeeze dry with a paper towel or cheese cloth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber and the rest of the ingredients. Stir thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir the tzatziki sauce to refresh and drizzle a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil on top. Add a side of warm pita bread and your favorite sliced vegetables.
“Thank you for your kefir! We drink it by the quart. I love it with cumin, with honey, as a dip. My personal favorite is drinking from the bottle when no one is looking!”– Beth, North Carolina
Autumn on The Farm and Jennifer’s Brandied Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Thanksgiving is upon us… and right on cue are blustery days, intense fall colors, and a sprinkling of rain showers...