YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED SHRIMP
Is there anything better than grilling as the sun goes down, drink in hand, equipped with a recipe that takes minutes to pull together? With a bit of prep the night before, you can have these succulent shrimp on the table in no time. Redwood Hill Farm goat milk yogurt lends a creamy note to the bright flavors of lemon and garlic, resulting in a subtle, perfectly balanced dish. Serve with an heirloom tomato salad, and a fresh baguette.
TIME: Preparation: 5 mins · Cooking: 5 mins · Total: 15 mins
- 15-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail shells intact
- 2 cups Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk yogurt
- ½ large onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Combine yogurt, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Place shrimp and yogurt marinade in a large freezer bag or covered container and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat your grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil. Scrape excess marinade off shrimp and thread them onto skewers. Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes a side.