Title: Marketing Coordinator, Projects & Events
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Location: Redwood Hill Farm – Marketing & Sales Offices – Barlow, Sebastopol
About Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery
Redwood Hill Farm (RHF) is the market-leading, cultured goat milk dairy brand in the U.S. The goat milk for our yogurt and kefir comes from the original Redwood Hill Farm in Sebastopol, California, as well as from seven other family farms. RHF is one of the two dairy brands that are manufactured at our solar-powered creamery that is located only a few miles from the farm.
We are a growing, 53-year-old company that was founded in 1968 during the height of the back-to-the-land movement. Since the very beginning, and to this day, we are rooted in the desire to bring wholesome and healthful foods to communities across the country and are guided by our mission of making real dairy available and enjoyable for everyone.
Within the Marketing & Sales Team, we accomplish this through the promotion of our portfolio of three specialty dairy brands and one nutritional pet food brand: Redwood Hill Farm (cultured goat milk dairy), Green Valley Creamery (lactose-free, cultured cow milk dairy) Meyenberg (fresh and powdered goat milk) and Tailspring (Milk replacer for puppies and kittens) - the latter two brands are manufactured by our sister company in Turlock.
Redwood Hill, Green Valley Creamery and Meyenberg are the market leader in their respective product categories and are distributed nationally across the natural, specialty gourmet and conventional channels. Tailspring is the new kid on the block and was only launched in December of 2020.
At Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery, we believe in empowering and growing people within, respecting the animals that generously give us their milk for our products and leaving the earth better than we found it. In fact, Redwood Hill Farm was the first goat dairy in the U.S. to achieve Certified Humane certification in 2005. Our decisions are based on the triple bottom line of profit, people and planet: Our creamery is run 100% on renewable energy; all goat milk we source is Certified Humane and we extensively contribute and engage with our local and like-minded community.
The Marketing Coordinator, Projects & Events plans and executes a variety of projects including logistics packaging and our WIC program for our four different brands - Redwood Hill Farm, Green Valley Creamery, Meyenberg and Tailspring - in alignment with brand positioning, strategy and goals. Additional responsibilities include management of trade shows and events, e-commerce asset support and consumer relations backup. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manage logistics of label updates and printing of new packaging using the label change form and process. This includes managing artwork submission to packaging vendor, requesting small edits and revisions as needed, internal routing and approval of artwork and effective communication via email with the packaging team.
- Coordinate packaging processes successfully which includes keeping all label binders up-to-date, naming and archiving print proofs to ensure version control. Conduct annual label review and create report for our annual food safety audit.
- Manage WIC program (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) by keeping images and product information updated, submitting information on new products and tracking WIC approval status in participating states.
- In collaboration with the Graphic Designer, support Sales and Marketing team on a variety of projects such as asset updates on e-commerce platforms, creation and shipment of mock-ups, and other projects as needed.
Trade Shows & Events:
- Coordinate all trade show and event planning and logistics including paperwork, shipping of booth crates, samples & materials, creating staff schedule and dinner reservations and any other critical tasks. Supervise booth set-up and work at the booth as needed to represent the Company.
- With the guidance of the Brand Managers, organize branded consumer events with creative inspiration. Order, organize, store and inventory necessary equipment, supplies and materials for trade shows and events.
- Support local events and activities as needed, including hotel and restaurant reservations, tours, or other local activities. Help with execution of other internal and company-wide events as needed.
- Support consumer relations representative by covering as a regular backup or when additional help is needed due to volume, vacation, and other absences.
- During this time, act as main point of contact for incoming consumer phone calls, emails, social media messages and letters thereby providing first-line of support for consumer inquiries and requests.
- Process product complaints accurately and efficiently by following complaint process and working closely with QA team.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent time, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working effectively with internal and external teams and partners.
- Ability to actively listen and accept direction and guidance from superiors.
- Ability to navigate sensitive situations with diplomacy and good judgement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality management, business or communications
- 2-3 years of project management experience
- Experience in trade show, event, or hospitality management a plus
- Experience working with CPG packaging and printing vendors preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and clean DMVR
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position.
Frequent operation of computer and other office equipment, the ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as need, and to occasionally lift and carry items up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the office is usually quiet to moderate. The employee primarily works in an office environment but is exposed to the production facility where the noise is moderate to loud and there is exposure to mechanical equipment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.