Quality Assurance Lab Tech
Title: Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Shift: Monday through Friday – 2PM-10:30PM
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery Plant, Sebastopol, CA
To Apply: please send your resume to email@example.com
The Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (QA Lab Tech) will perform routine analyses and testing according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The QA Lab Tech will follow the Company's SOPs, GLPs, GMPs, FSSC22000 and HACCP programs to ensure that the Company produces the safest and highest quality products available to its consumers.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform various testing such as: pH, milk components FTIR, solids, lactose, antibiotic, microbiological plating/reading, ATP, and environmental.
- Production line testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform routine sample analysis, documentation and analyze results, and report in a clear succinct manner.
- Monitor product in the Incubation Room.
- Evaluate products for; Shelf-life, stressed sample performance, and organoleptic testing.
- Assist in keeping the Laboratory, Walk-in Cooler and R&D rooms; organized, well stocked-and clean.
- Follow the established company QA procedures, GLPs, GMPs, and HACCP programs.
- Review raw materials, packaging, finished goods and place on hold if non-conforming.
- Assist in reviewing and investigation of complaints.
- Assist in drafting SOP and training documents related to food safety and quality.
- Assist in reviewing and organizing documentation and records such as: CIP charts, pasteurization charts, COA’s, vendor requests, and certifications.
- Conduct and assist in championing various inspections such as: safety, internal audits, glass & plastic, GMP, GLP, and various other programs and inspections.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and functioning properly.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; professional, courteous, friendly, and empathetic
- Detail oriented, with an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced production environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Biology, Food Science, or other relevant field.
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand frequent periods of standing, squatting, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, hands and fingers.