CHOCOLATE KEFIR MUFFINS
If saying YES to chocolate is what brings you joy, we can definitely get behind that. Especially if said chocolate comes in the form of these indulgent muffins baked using our goat milk kefir. Our goat kefir plays an important role in this luxurious muffin recipe by locking in moisture, similar to buttermilk (but with the added benefits of higher protein and less fat). Pro-tip: if you’re looking for something really indulgent, add a dollop of vanilla goat yogurt on top!
- 1/2 cup plain goat milk kefir
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the same bowl, add kefir, egg whites, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple sauce. Mix well.
- Bake in muffin tins for 15 minutes.
- Remove from tins, place on a baking rack to cool.