The G.O.A.T. SUGAR COOKIE
This cookie boasts a magical trifecta of goat milk goodness! Enjoy the creamy charm of Meyenberg goat butter, the slight tang from the Redwood Hill Farm kefir, and the decadent finish of Cypress Grove’s fresh vanilla and brown sugar goat cheese “frosting.” In fact, you may just take one bite and immediately notice your tastebuds performing a harmonious holiday tapdance.
- 1/3 C Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Milk Kefir
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C soft Meyenberg goat butter
- 2 Cypress Grove 'Sweet Dreams' Fresh Goat Cheese Cups
- 1 C sugar
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a whisk and blending well, mix the dry ingredients, except the sugar, in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, whip butter and sugar together. Add oil, egg, vanilla.
- Slowly add kefir to the mixture while blending.
- Follow with your bowl of dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate dough for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly "floured" surface until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut cookies into the preferred shape, then place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack.
- Spread Cypress Grove 'Sweet Dreams' fresh goat cheese on top of cooled cookie as a frosting.
- Sprinkle with pistachios or preferred garnish.