TURMERIC LENTIL SOUP
If you’re anything like us, we need a warming and hearty soup recipe like we need a good hug. This turmeric lentil soup is just that. Our plain goat milk yogurt lends itself as the perfect creamy yet tangy addition to this nourishing meal. Make for a large family dinner, when entertaining, or freeze and store for later.
- 1 6oz cup of Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery plain goat milk yogurt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 3 handfuls of kale, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- In a large soup pot, add oil, garlic, onion. Saute over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Stir in turmeric and cumin.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, lentils, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add kale until wilted.
- Gently fold in yogurt.
- Serve, and enjoy!