GOAT MILK YOGURT “CHEESE”
Every foodie loves it when their dish is the talk of the party, yes? Well, this recipe is sure to set the hors d’oeuvre table abuzz. In just a few simple steps you can transform plain goat milk yogurt into a thick, slightly tangy, and very spreadable “cheese.” It’s great as a base on a crostini topped with olive tapenade or scooped onto a salty cracker.
- 1 32 oz plain Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery goat milk yogurt
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Pour yogurt into a medium-sized bowl, add salt, and stir.
- Line another medium-sized bowl with cheesecloth, add salted yogurt mixture.
- Take all corners of cloth and tie, so that it makes a small bundle.
- Place bundle in strainer, and place strainer over bowl to catch extra liquid.
- Place in fridge for anywhere from 4 to 12 hours (or overnight).
- After your desired amount of time, remove the "cheese" formed in the cheesecloth, and add to your favorite pasta dish or spread on crostini for a shareable appetizer.