GOAT MILK YOGURT QUESO
Can we just skip dinner and only have this goat milk yogurt queso? Adapted from the lovely Molly Yeh’s yogurt queso recipe, we swapped out the traditional greek for our smooth, rich and tangy goat milk yogurt. Skeptical? Don’t be. The goat milk yogurt gave it the perfect amount of tang that had our taste buds absolutely singing, and we know yours will be too.
- 1 cup Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery Plain Goat Milk Yogurt
- 2 tb unsalted butter
- 1/2 small purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Goat Milk or milk alternative (We used Meyenberg Goat Milk)
- 4 oz goat milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the milk and cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add 2/3 cup yogurt, the cayenne, crushed red pepper, a few turns of pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.