Title: Warehouse Associate
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery Plant, Sebastopol, CA
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse employees are expected to execute all aspects of the order packing process including the following:
- Accurate packing of distributor orders.
- Pallet planning of distributor orders.
- Ensure the oldest code dates on all respective products are being used first.
- Follow respective distributor shelf-life policy.
- Wrap orders correctly with stretch wrap machine connecting the pallet to the product.
- Verify correct packing of order while wrapping product by reconciling Bill of Lading.
- Completely and accurately complete forms and documentation as required by the Warehouse and Finance Departments.
- Obtain all information from drivers picking up orders for proper completion of packing slips and U.S. Homeland security bio-terrorism forms including driver name, signature, date of pick up, trucking company name, trucking company contact information, and pallet ‘in’ and pallet ‘out’ amounts.
- Ensure all product leaving warehouse has a completed Bill of Lading with corresponding code dates to products on order.
- Keep track of orders that are not picked up on time.
- Proper loading and un-loading practice and RHF&C protocol requirements.
Warehouse employees are expected to complete the following:
- Inspect truck of outgoing or incoming shipment for cleanliness, pest or other contamination, and refrigeration if required before loading or un-loading.
- 100% consistency in filling out bio-terrorism form for incoming and outgoing shipments. For incoming shipments, load items must be reconciled to packing slip.
- For outgoing shipments, all pick-ups must be counted thoroughly and accurately before being loaded on to truck.
- Ensure outgoing loads are secured properly by driver. If load is not secured by driver ensure it is communicated to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Make sure to follow proper procedures and processes as required by co-packing customers.
- Minimize product loss and participate in good inventory control practices:
- Proper handling of product during use of forklifts, pallet jacks, or manual lifting/carrying/moving of product.
- Minimize dropped product and spills.
- Accurate shelf-life compliance on ALL distributor orders.
- Minimize product time outside or chillers.
- Accurate packing and accurate counting of product orders and product inventories.
- Operate electronic pallet jack, manual pallet jack and forklift (electrical and gas).
- Perform safety checks on a daily and weekly basis.
- Charge electric forklifts when in need of charging, check battery water, clean, and move in at night and on weekends.
- Ensure that the temperature of the Cold Storage Warehouses are maintained at the required temperature.
- Make sure the pallet wrapper is used safely and maintained properly.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate electronic and manual pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Ability to add and subtract as well as multiply and divide numbers. Ability to understand percentages.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up initiative.
- Good judgment, versatility, flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- One or more years of warehouse experience preferred but not required.
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position.
This position requires frequent operation of forklift and electronic pallet jack and other equipment, the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as need. Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the Warehouse is moderate to loud. The employee primarily works in a Warehouse environment where they will work in refrigerated storage areas that are very cold and require cold weather clothing. The employee will also work outside where temperatures can range from cold to hot depending on the outside weather. They are exposed to the production facility where the noise is moderate to loud and there is exposure to mechanical equipment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
About Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery
Redwood Hill Farm (RHF) is the market-leading, cultured goat milk dairy brand in the U.S. The goat milk for our yogurt and kefir comes from the original Redwood Hill Farm in Sebastopol, California, as well as from seven other family farms. RHF is one of the two dairy brands that are manufactured at our solar-powered creamery that is located only a few miles from the farm.
We are a growing, 53-year-old company that was founded in 1968 during the height of the back-to-the-land movement. Since the very beginning, and to this day, we are rooted in the desire to bring wholesome and healthful foods to communities across the country and are guided by our mission of making real dairy available and enjoyable for everyone.
Within the Marketing & Sales Team, we accomplish this through the promotion of our portfolio of three specialty dairy brands and one nutritional pet food brand: Redwood Hill Farm (cultured goat milk dairy), Green Valley Creamery (lactose-free, cultured cow milk dairy) Meyenberg (fresh and powdered goat milk) and Tailspring (Milk replacer for puppies and kittens) - the latter two brands are manufactured by our sister company in Turlock.
Redwood Hill, Green Valley Creamery and Meyenberg are the market leader in their respective product categories and are distributed nationally across the natural, specialty gourmet and conventional channels. Tailspring is the new kid on the block and was only launched in December of 2020.
At Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery, we believe in empowering and growing people within, respecting the animals that generously give us their milk for our products and leaving the earth better than we found it. In fact, Redwood Hill Farm was the first goat dairy in the U.S. to achieve Certified Humane certification in 2005. Our decisions are based on the triple bottom line of profit, people and planet: Our creamery is run 100% on renewable energy; all goat milk we source is Certified Humane and we extensively contribute and engage with our local and like-minded community.