HOMEMADE AVOCADO KEFIR RANCH DRESSING
When you always keep a fresh bottle of goat milk kefir in your fridge like we do, homemade dressing is a snap. Originally calling for buttermilk, we’ve substituted our plain kefir in this ranch dressing recipe and love the result. Nutrient-dense avocados lend a velvety texture and vibrant hue to the dressing. It can be used as a dip for raw vegetables or over salad greens.
- ½ avocado
- ¾ cup Redwood Hill Farm plain kefir
- 2-3 Tbsp. sour cream (we love Green Valley Creamery lactose-free sour cream)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley, tarragon, or dill)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Few dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processer or blender. Blend for 30 seconds-1 minute or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper.